Registration is open for the 2023-2024 season for recreational teams, academy and select team tryouts.
SC WAVE GERMANTOWN RECREATIONAL SOCCER
SC Wave offers youth the opportunity to play soccer at many different age groups and skill levels. The recreational level of soccer begins at the U6 level (2018 and 2019 birth year) and Rec teams are offered up to U14. Having fun while learning the fundamentals of soccer, players will enjoy games and training sessions each Fall and Spring season. U11-14 players who do not wish to compete in select soccer can opt to play in recreational league and keep developing their love for the game!
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN REC & ACADEMY AT GERMANTOWN?
Academy and Rec teams often train together – both are registered as Rec Soccer teams. The goal is to field varying competition levels to foster development and interest for both boys and girls. Teams will train and compete dependent on the talent and interest of the age group, including participation in relevant brackets at are local tournaments. Academy teams will demand more time and are typically fielded at U8-10. Licensed volunteer and/or paid coaches are used across age groups. Often Rec teams in Fall will move to Academy competition in Spring! Development at the appropriate pace is a priority.
Under the guidance of our Director of Rec & Academy and our Curriculum Coordinator, teams will compete against Milwaukee area clubs typically within 30 mins of Germantown.
Through our training curriculum, players will be given the opportunity to build individual soccer skills, athleticism, self-confidence and a love for the game of soccer and for competition. The focus is on the individual player development with an emphasis on keeping the ball. Players will learn individual ball mastery and will play in many small-sided game activities as part of the training experience.
DEVELOPING THE PLAYER:
- Ball Mastery – Under pressure/demonstrated in game or practice, (1) the ability to perform turn/attacking move into space, (2) at full speed, (3) to hold possession or beat opponent. Player exposed to full technical ball mastery curriculum.
- 3-technique – Under pressure/demonstrated in game or practice, (1) the ability to receive a pass across body (open hips), (2) make a clean first touch into space, and (3) head up to see field for pass/dribble.
- Soccer IQ – Under pressure/demonstrated in game or practice, (1) understand positionally how to fill space in width/depth attacking/build-up concept, (2) understand diamond/triangle positional play in build-up/possession phase, (3) understand ideas of compactness/closing space defensively, (4) offensive players engage the defender and either pass or dribble.
- Style of Play – Connecting triangles and diamonds when with the ball. Build up play with ball out of back.
- Physiological – Foster a players ability to think using various methods: guided discovery, game set-up.
- Physical – Coordination & balance, agility, perception & awareness.
Germantown parks are used for training and home games. With some of the best grass fields in the metro, our Fields Director takes pride in providing safe and well maintained facilities.